Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Hong Kong - Time Warp

It's six AM, local Hong King time and I am endeavoring to type this fast - - the cute, distictly Asian email kiosk charges a fairly decent rate to use it - - $15 HKD per ten minutes. Not bad, but not great. It also appears to dislike the use of the return key, so this will be one large block of text! Fortune favored the traveler and my Southwest Airlines flight from Albuquerque to LAX was overbooked and I was offered a $100 US + the price of my ticket to wait 40 minutes and take another flight. No problem! Transfer in LAX was easy, just had to tote that large duffel to the check in . . . remember that list of items I was going to post? Yeah, well - - no. Packing became a last minute affair, as it always does, so no itemized list. I know you are sad. Just know that on check-in it weighed 62.5 pounds. Anyways, the flight is going well, 14.5 hours later I am part way through . . . talk to you all in Kathmandu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home